Food Industries in India
- India is a diverse land with numerous regions and ethnic
groups, having diverse food preference. Today an average Indian calibrates his
food related purchase choices with his disposable income, busy lifestyle, convenience,
ready availability, brand awareness and service quality, thereby offering
enormous scope to aspiring entrepreneurs in Indian F&B retailing landscape.
- Conceived to effectively tackle this acute paucity of
branded eating joints at major population centers for on the move customers,
Café Buddy’s is a food & beverage retail chain offering qualitative yet
reasonably priced fast foods and beverages to the discerning modern consumer.
- Over 1.2 billion Indian population has become a key market
for processed food items.
- Increasing westernized lifestyle of urban India creates a
robust demand for diverse food retailing options.
- Up to 50% of an average urban Indian`s income goes in eating
out, as an average urban Indian eats out 6 times in a month.
- Street stalls and kiosks constitute nearly 50% of all
consumer food service units in India.
- Ever-increasing casual eating from kiosks due to the growing
mall culture and high street shopping.
- There are 10 million street vendors in India, of which 6
million only sell ready to eat food.
- Demand for food restaurants is pacing at 70% annually.